Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations, we are the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria. RV exists to develop, promote and grow the sport of thoroughbred racing in Victoria.
Racing Victoria’s globally celebrated Spring Racing Carnival & Festival of Racing holds a special place in the hearts of Australians and are centrepieces in Australia’s sporting and social calendars.
We are looking for Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified candidates to fill the role of Accounts Officer for a fixed term period until June 2019.
Our Shared Services team have a fixed term opportunity available for an experienced Accounts Officer. Sitting within our Finance team, this role will see the successful candidate contribute to the financial sustainability of the thoroughbred racing industry.
You will play a key role in the delivery of timely and accurate Accounts Payable support to Racing Victoria entities participating in Racing Victoria’s Shared Services initiative.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong working knowledge of the processes and procedures required to work with accounts payable. You will ideally have had exposure to a shared services model and also have used Microsoft Dynamics GP and various banking softwares.
Above all else, your customer service focus, attention to detail and ability to deliver will be paramount to your success in this role. Combine this with a genuine team focus and the ability to prioritise, in a high volume role, according to demands will set you apart and provide you with a great career opportunity within a high profile sporting organisation.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation;
- Market competitive remuneration;
- Industry ticketing to race meetings every day of the year;
- On-site and employer subsidised cafe and free on-site car parking;
- Genuine work/life balance with flexible work practices and a collegiate, supportive team;
- Support with professional and leadership development, including gender focused mentoring programs;
- A convenient location well-accessed by public transport.
How do I apply?
Submit your application including a cover letter by close of business Friday 28 September 2018.
Contact us with any queries via firstname.lastname@example.org.