Licensing & Administration Assistant (Fixed Term - 12 Months)
Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations, and the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria. We develop, promote and manage the conduct of the racing of thoroughbred horses in Victoria to safeguard its integrity.
We are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join our Integrity Services Team in the role of Licensing & Administration Assistant on a fixed term basis for 12 months.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an administration professional to join our team on a fixed term basis for 12 months. This role is focused on providing support to the integrity of thoroughbred racing in Victoria through the timely and accurate coordination and administration of licensing, registration and compliance functions. This role is also pivotal to our Integrity function.
Our Integrity Services team are a group of experienced, passionate and professional individuals who are committed to supporting Racing Victoria being the best it can be. If you are a self-motivated professional who enjoys working on diverse tasks, engaging directly with stakeholders and relishes the opportunity to ensure the effective administration and compliance of a core business area, this role is for you.
Key Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Assist with coordination of the professional development program for licensed persons.
- Coordinate the pro-active monitoring of current licensed and registered persons to support the annual license and registration renewal process in line with the relevant policies.
- Assist with the on-going education of licensed and registered persons in relation to compliance with the Rules of Racing.
- On occasion assist with the coordination of new license applications (including Trainers, Jockeys and Rider Agents) in accordance with RV procedure which include coordinating and conducting interviews with applicants.
- Maintain up to date records of licences on the Single National System and the Integrity Department’s intelligence system
- Attending to phone calls and queries from various stakeholders.
- Providing administration support and assist with relevant projects on an ad hoc basis as required for the Integrity Services Department.
As the successful candidate, you must possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a licensing or compliance role.
- Demonstrated experience in policy development and processes to monitoring adherence to policy.
- Experience/awareness of case management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to have difficult conversations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, identify key actions and coordinate various work streams to maintain momentum.
- Excellent report writing and demonstrated ability to summarise complex issues into succinct summary documents and recommendations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills which facilitate interaction with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Team focused with sound organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple issues/projects.
- Professional conduct that upholds the integrity of the thoroughbred racing industry.
- Knowledge of the horseracing industry or other sporting code is desirable.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation;
- Market competitive remuneration;
- On-site and employer subsidised cafe and free on-site car parking;
- Genuine work/life balance with flexible work practices and a collegiate, supportive team;
- A convenient location well-accessed by public transport.
How do I apply?
If this sounds like you; please apply via Seek or using the form below.