Manager - Risk
Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations, and the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria. We develop, promote and manage the conduct of the racing of thoroughbred horses in Victoria to safeguard its integrity, the welfare of our equine athletes and the wellbeing of our people.
About the Opportunity
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an accomplished risk management professional to join our Legal, Risk and Compliance team.
Working closely with the EGM Legal, Risk & Compliance, the Executive, Senior Management Team and the Integrity Services Department, this role will focus on the management, coordination, development and maintenance of RV’s Risk Management framework.
Key to the success of this role is, as one of Racing Victoria’s subject matter experts on risk:
- Managing and implementing the RV Risk Management framework across the business, focusing upon the identification, mitigation and management of financial and non-financial risks.
- Delivery of the internal risk management program for RV, including monitoring the status of the risk treatment plan, undertaking risk assessments and ensuring remedial actions and the implementation of Racing Victoria’s Business Continuity Planning.
- Development of the risk based annual Internal Audit Program for approval by the Audit & Risk Committee. Risks to be identified during strategic and operational risk assessments.
- Providing leadership for the operational areas of risk, OH&S and insurance.
Critical to success of this role is advocating for and fostering an industry culture of strong corporate governance, risk minimisation, efficiency and a health and wellbeing focus.
As the successful candidate, you possess the following:
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of organisational wide risk frameworks.
- Demonstrated commercial and strategic focus in influencing and advising, with the ability to relate operational issues to financial information and impacts.
- Knowledge and experience in OHS and risk management.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, including being agile, approachable, and pragmatic in your interactions.
- High level analytical skills and administrative skills, with demonstrated project management skills to develop, coordinate and manage projects and resources effectively to achieve work goals to meet deadlines
- Exemplary written and interpersonal communication skills, emphasis in the areas of consultation, negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution and assertiveness.
- Tertiary qualified in related discipline or equivalent higher-level qualification; and/or previous experience in applying internal audit practices (CPA desirable)
If you have gaps in meeting the requirements above we would still like to hear from you, in your cover letter please outline how you might address these areas.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package, inclusive of salary packaging benefits
- Dynamic and varied work assignments and projects
- Access to industry events and race meetings every day of the year
- On-site gym, subsidised café and free car parking
- Genuine work/life balance and access to industry leading Employee Assistance programs, and development/mentoring initiatives
- A collegiate yet high performing workplace that is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is well-accessed by public transport, both by train and tram
How do I apply?
If this sounds like you; please apply below. Applications close 12 November 2019.