Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations, and the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria. We develop, promote and manage the conduct of the racing of thoroughbred horses in Victoria to safeguard its integrity.
We are looking for a suitable qualified Automation Engineer to join our Digital Transformation & Technology Team.
About the Opportunity:
The role of an Automation Engineer at RV is responsible to develop, maintain and support RV's software automation capability as well as providing quality engineering and automated testing.
- Design, develop, automate and monitor tests for data ETL services
- Design, develop, automate and monitor tests for APIs, event queues and other integration points
- Design, develop, automate and monitor tests for web-based and headless applications
- Build and automate test suites to ensure the functions, drive standards compliance, correctness and feature performance
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their automation needs;
- Liaise with technology peers across the Racing industry and where required with RV’s third-party technology partners in the design and delivery of RV initiatives;
- Create and maintain technical documentation relating to automation engineering and enhancements;
As the successful candidate, you must possess the following:
- Strong knowledge of modern quality engineering practices, test automation tools and processes, performance testing and hands-on security testing
- Experience in test framework architecture, SQA methodologies and feature coverage analysis
- Proficiency in building and orchestrating container-based test automations
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and branching methodologies
- Docker, Kafka, SumoLogic, MS Dynamics 365
- Experience with AWS services (including Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Redshift)
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package, inclusive of salary packaging benefits
- Dynamic and varied work assignments and projects
- Genuine work/life balance and access to industry leading Employee Assistance programs, and development/mentoring initiatives
- A fun yet high performing workplace that is committed to diversity and inclusion
- Access to industry events and race meetings every day of the year
- On-site gym, subsidised café and free car parking and is well-accessed by public transport, both by train and tram
How do I apply?
If this sounds like you; we would love to hear from you via the below application form.
Applications close 24 November 2019.